Tuesday 4 February 2014

Teachers and students













Teachers or students makes no difference. Both have a human soul, unique, and they should be respectful. If the teachers are respectful to the students, I don't think any student can be disrespectful to the teachers. But you go on receiving their humiliation, and slowly slowly you get accustomed to being humiliated. That's why you find it unbelievable even though it is happening; you experience it. What a tragedy! You experience it every day, and later on you start suspecting: perhaps you were imagining or dreaming, or perhaps it was some kind of hypnosis. "What happened? I was feeling so ecstatic and so silent and so peaceful and so loving." A window just opens, and the moment you leave me, the window closes. You close it, because it goes against your whole past, which is heavy. Secondly, I have nothing to do with what is happening here. You love me. It is your doing. You trust me. It is your doing. Whenever you love, whenever you trust, you will feel doors opening into the unknown, new dimensions opening. You are afraid, perhaps in my absence it will not happen. Don't be afraid. I am already absent. I died the day I became enlightened. There is only silence and peace, there is no "I." I have to use that ugly word, for the simple reason that in language you have to follow the language and its grammar -- howsoever absurd. One of the Hindus' masters, Swami Ramateertha, who had come to America, tried to change this language. He never used the word "I"; instead he used his name. He would say, "Rama is feeling thirsty," not, "I am feeling thirsty." It looked very odd, "Rama is feeling thirsty," "Rama wants to go for a walk." In India his followers used to understand it, but in America people started asking, "What kind of language are you using? Why use 'Rama' again and again when you can simply say 'I want to go for a walk'?" He said, "There is no 'I' in me, so I am using Rama just the way you use a name; it's arbitrary." But it will make language ugly, and there is no point because Ramateertha's own life proved it. He was highly respected in America and Europe, so coming back to India, naturally he thought that first he should go to Varanasi, the holy city of the Hindus -- perhaps the most ancient city in the world. And if he has been honored so much around the world, certainly Varanasi and its council of Hindu scholars will receive him. He was invited by the council, but before the proceedings began, one Hindu priest stood up and said, "I want to ask a few things. First, do you know Sanskrit?" Ramateertha was born in Punjab, so he was educated in Persian and Urdu. He had read Hindu scriptures in Persian and Urdu, not in Sanskrit. Naturally, he had to say, "I don't know Sanskrit, but I have read Sanskrit scriptures in Persian and Urdu." The whole council of scholars laughed. They said, "If you don't know Sanskrit, you know nothing. First start to learn Sanskrit. Even your orange clothes do not suit you. A man who does not know Sanskrit, the holy language of the Hindus, has no right to pretend to be a Hindu saint." And you will be surprised: Ramateertha went to the Himalayas, changed his clothes and started learning Sanskrit. Now, who is being hurt? If I was in his place, I would have laughed. I would have said, "Who bothers to be a Hindu saint? To know oneself, one does not need to know Sanskrit or Urdu or Persian. Knowing oneself needs silence, meditation." And no language is holy, because Mohammedans say Arabic is holy, Jews say Hebrew is holy, Buddhists say Pali is holy, Jainas say Prakrit is holy -- and there is no criterion to decide who is right. There are three hundred languages in the world, and to the people who speak them they are holy. I would have simply told that conference of Hindu scholars, "You are idiots and nothing else. You don't know that to know oneself you need no language. In fact, you need to drop all language, all words, the whole mind itself." So that was only a gimmick, using Rama instead of "I." The "I" was there, very much there. His disciple, Sardar Purnasingh, has written in his autobiography that one day Ramateertha's wife came to see him, poor woman, because he left her, renounced, became a Hindu monk, and the poor woman was somehow managing, working, cleaning, just to get food, shelter, clothes. Knowing that Ramateertha has come back, she came just to see him, just to touch his feet -- he was a holy saint. There was no idea in her mind that he is her husband. But when Ramateertha looked from the window and saw his wife coming, he told Purnasingh, "Close the doors and tell that woman that I don't want to see her." Purnasingh was a very sensitive man, a man of poetic and aesthetic abilities. He has produced tremendously beautiful literature. He could not believe it. He said, "You have been seeing women all over the world. Why particularly are you refusing this woman?" Ramateertha said, "You don't know. She is my wife." Purnasingh said, "Still? After renouncing that woman for twenty years, leaving her in utter poverty, you are still afraid of her? You still think of her as your wife? You have not renounced anything, and all your saintliness is just hocus-pocus. If you don't see her, I am going to leave you." Just by changing language, nothing changes. By changing clothes, nothing changes. Remember, that whatever is happening here to you, I am just a catalytic agent. You love me, you trust me, that's why you become silent.
 By
k.jagadeesh
Mobile: 91-9841121780, 9543187772.
EmaiL: jagadeeshkri@gmail.com
Web:  http://www.pinterest.com/jagadeeshkri/books-worth-reading/
Web:http://www.bookbyte.com/searchresults.aspx?type=books&author=jagadeesh%20krishnan
Web;http://issuu.com/home/publications
Web:
 https://www.morebooks.de/search/gb?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=jagadeesh+krishnan
Web: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/275-9424466-2127042?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan
Web:  http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/378-4986394-6216105?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh+krishnan
 WEb:
http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan
WEb:
my books
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/180-0191351-1760005?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jagadeesh%20krishnan
WEb;
 https://www.peecho.com/dashboard/applications/publications?applicationId=3105

No comments:

Post a Comment